NEW! Greenbelt groups are invited to have their own web page created here at Greenbelt Online. Your page, like this one for the Golden Age Club, will then be shown in the Directory of Greenbelt Organizations.
And your group doesn’t have to be officially “organized” – just a group of Greenbelters with a purpose other than making money. (Greenbelt artists of any kind who DO want to make money at their art are encouraged to get a free listing in the Greenbelt Creatives Directory.)
How it Works – You Choose
- We’ll create the page (and a logo if you don’t have one), which you review and approve. We’ll update it for you once a year, if needed.
- Same as above, but you’ll also have your own login so you can update/change your page whenever you want to.
- Or you create the page yourself, with help from us if you need it. You can update it as often as you’d like.
Benefits to your Group
- If your organization has no website, your page here can serve as one, with its own URL. If you’d like to make it easy to send people to your page, you can buy a domain name for your organization (estimated $15-20/year) and forward it to your page here. This also prevent others from buying your domain name and then trying to sell it to you for more. (E.g., the Golden Age Club bought a domain name and can now send people to their page using www.greenbeltgoldenageclub.org.)
- The link to our page can then be added to the Community Links page on this site, in the correct category.
- If your organization already has a website, having a page on this site will strengthen its web presence, providing another positive link found by Google in searches for your organization.
- All of the above will get your group’s name and information seen by more people, especially Greenbelters.
More Ideas for Greenbelt Online are Welcome
Free web pages for Greenbelt groups are just the newest way that this nonprofit website (and its social media streams) are fulfilling the mission of Greenbelt Online:
- To create and promote resources and stories that enrich the lives of Greenbelt’s residents.
- To promote organizations, businesses and artists of all kinds located in Greenbelt and to help connect them with each other.
- To showcase Greenbelt’s unique history, culture and natural resources for visitors and potential reside
We welcome suggestions for still MORE ways to help the Greenbelt community. Let us know in a comment here or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.